Ultrafast Full Fibre Broadband for Ashwell
Voneus Broadband has sent a letter to households with information about the works by their contractor AMG that are now commencing around the village. When works are completed this will offer Ashwell residents a much enhanced service.
Click here to see their letter
A local resident with an appropriate background has acted as a Parish Council representative in communications with them over the last few months and reported back to parish council meetings. This week a face-to-face meeting took place with Voneus and their contractor for them to update us.
- Their work will ultimately provide fibre optic cabling terminating at property boundaries, so that future connections are straightforward once owners take out a contract with Voneus.
- Their intention is to utilise as much of existing ground ducting and overhead pole infrastructure as possible.
- Subject to discussions with Herts Highways they hope to achieve the following timetable:
- Complete infrastructure surveys by 15 December.
- Pause works from 16 Dec to 2 January for Xmas.
- Carry out cabling works into ground and above ground (resulting in some road closures or partial coning off) from 3 January to the end of the month.
We are fortunate, and grateful, for the input of local expertise on this including a parish councillor who has considerable experience of these projects.
We have agreed to assist Voneus and their contractor in progressing works as speedily as possible with the least disruption to local residents.
A further update will be given at the December council meeting on Wed 7th and information posted on the website.